NEED TO KNOW
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR IMPORT GOODS
1. Nepal custom import declaration form.
2. Latter of authority for clearing Agents to act on behalf of the importer.
3. Air way bill.
4. Performa Invoice.
5. Packing list.
6. Certificate of origin (this is required only for tariff concession for goods originating in Tibet
Autonomous Region of People’s Republic of China, SAPTA member countries and
MFN Rate of countries having bilateral agreements with Nepal).
7. Certificate of Insurance Policy.
8. Foreign Exchange Declaration Form of Nepal Rastra Bank.
9. Certified copy of L/C.
10. Company Registration Certificate.
11. VAT/PAN registration certificate.
12. Permission from Plant Quarantine Section of Department of Agriculture for import of plants
and plants products in cluding fruits leaves & seeds.
13. Import license if applicable.
All the above documents except 3 and additional following documents are required to import for third country by sea.
1. Bill of lading.
2. Custom transit declaration.
3. Transit declaration invoice for good it transit in India/Bangladesh for import from third country.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR EXPORT GOODS
The registered firm or company to follow up procedure of export to third country by air freight is required to prepare and present the following documents for exports from Nepal:
1. Custom Declaration Form.
2. Packing List.
3. Certificate of Origin.
4. GSP Certificate if applicable.
5. Copy of letter of credit or advance payment statement received from the bank.
6. Foreign Exchange declaration Form of Nepal Rastra Bank.
7. Copy of Firm/Company Registration Certificate
8. Copy of Income Tax Registration Certificate or VAT Registration.
9. Airway Bill.
10. Letter of authority to clear the consignment.
11. Phytosanitary Certificate for Agricultural products / plants.
12. Certificate from Department of Archaeology for the export of statues, Thankas, Wood
Carving of archaeological value etc.
13. CITES Certificate from the Department of National Parks and Wild Life Conservation for
the export of bones and horn products.
14. Value certificateion from the Handicrafts Association of Nepal for handicrafts goods, Gold
and Silver products.
15. Value added Tax Certificate for beer, spirits and cigarettes.
16. Passbook for gold handicrafts from Handicrafts Association of Nepal if applicable.
17. Clearance certificate of Department of Drung Management for medicines.
18. Clearance certificate of Department of Mines and Geology for mineral products.
19. Certificate of origin from local Chamber of Commerce.
All the above documents except of No. 9 and additional following documents are required for export to third country by sea/land a. Transport manifesto, one copy per truck (for sea cargo)
b. Custom transit declarations (for sea cargo)
c. Transit declaration invoice fro goods in transit via India/Bangladesh to
third country destination (for sea cargo).